Thanks for swinging by Why Am I Lazy? – I really do appreciate your time.
To get in touch with me about anything please email email@example.com
You can also use the contact form located on the bottom of this page – although I prefer receiving emails to be honest.
How I Can Help
I’m happy to help with:
- Giving personalised time management/motivation advice
- Taking complaints or queries about this blog
- Reviewing products and eBooks
- Article suggestions
A Word On ‘Guest Posting’
I get a lot of people contacting me, asking to submit guest posts to my blog.
Seeing as I guest post myself, it’s only fair that I return the favour.
Here’s what you need to know about guest posting on Why Am I Lazy?:
- You can write/guest post about motivation, time management, procrastination, goal-setting, and general personal development.
- Your submission must be 100% unique.
- Minimum word count is 800 words; 1500-2500 is preferred. Anything over 1500 can be published as a series of shorter articles.
- No profanity/obscene content.
- No “outsourced-for-$5” generic articles.
- I reserve the right to accept/refuse any submission; I will ALWAYS provide reasons for or against, in order to help you in the future.
- Preferred article types: Personal experience/list-based “how to” articles
- I’ll expect
What’s in it for you?
I’m aware that standard practice for guest posting is that you hold off on any self-promotion until the “bio box” at the bottom of the article.
I like to do things a little differently … so here’s what you get when you are published on my blog:
- You can include one self-serving link within the body of your article (i.e. not in the bio box). This is much better for SEO purposes, and I believe is a suitable reward for writing something of the caliber expected.
- Your bio box can include a maximum of two links (if you are using two links, one must be a social media account).
- You may link to your own blog/website.
- You may not include any affiliate link.
- If you’ve written a Kindle eBook on a related topic, you can link to this instead of your social media link. However, I will be very cheeky here and use my Amazon Associates link; so only include a Kindle link if you’re happy with such an arrangement.
- I will check all outgoing links – anything I deem to be “low quality” (and this is entirely my opinion, based on what I think suits my audience’s tastes and needs) will be denied … most likely along with your guest post.
- I will share your guest post with the Why Am I Lazy? Facebook page, and send an email newsletter.
How To Submit
If you’re confident you can submit a guest post that meets my exacting criteria, then follow these instructions:
- Look around this blog to see the kinds of articles that interest my audience.
- Write your blog post (800 words minimum). Include a 2-3 line bio box at the end, and any links you want included. Remember, 1x link in the post content, and 2 links max in the bio box (and if you want 2 links, one must be to social media or a Kindle eBook you have published)
- Send to me in Microsoft Word or Apple Pages format – james [dot] whyamilazy [@] gmail [dot] com – and yes, that’s my idea of an intelligence test.
- I’ll acknowledge your submission within 48 hours.
- I’ll take up to another 48 hours to read it offer and let you know my verdict; hang tight.
- If everything checks out I will publish your post.
- If there’s a problem with your submission, I’ll come back to you ASAP.
Hurdles to watch out for
If you’re going to submit a guest post to my site, here are the main “hurdles” others have encountered:
- Submitting generic/weak/non-useful content. I will not accept any “filler” content whatsoever.
- Submitting non-unique articles. Just a heads-up; I know how to check for duplicate content.
- Including links to spam/affiliate websites. Achtung! Do this and there is no way I will accept your post, even if you remove the link. I pride myself on linking only to quality websites.