In today’s blog post you are going to learn how to stop procrastinating on homework. When you’re at school getting your homework done on time and to a high standard can mean the difference between success and failure.
I wrote an article the other day about how you can avoid procrastination at school, but this article is specifically about how to avoid procrastinating your homework.
Let’s get started with the list of steps you need to take:
- Identify the most important homework you have to work on; there is no point in starting on less important stuff first.
- Start working on that important work – you can do less important things later.
- Eliminate – as far as is possible – distractions from your working environment. This might mean turning off your mobile phone for a couple of hours, or blocking yourself from Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr.
- Break your work down into small chunks that you can tackle in 10-20 minutes.
- Start working (the best cure for procrastination and laziness is to just do something!)
- At the end of each 10-20 minute working chunk, take a 5 minute break to regain focus and concentration. Giving yourself regular breaks will actually make it easier to get things done.
- Stay hydrated and feed your brain with healthy food – this makes a big difference.
Following those 7 simple steps will really help you to stop procrastinating on homework. It’s not hard to get your homework done … you just need to put your mind to it and take action now!